Thursday, October 20, 2016

Condo Unit Project

I thought I had enough of our midterm last time (which I posted last June) but I was wrong. Now when I think about how much I thought I was worn out from all the plates that were given to us before, I just laugh at it. Should've thank my prof for being nice to us for not giving us the amount of stress that I experienced from our mid term this sem.
Anyway,  I'm officially done with my all my mid term projects/tests. I was exhausted as fuck. No. Exhausted is an understatement. I'm extremely tired almost close enough to being numb. I don't drink coffee because the smell of it makes me dizzy but I had no choice. Didn't get enough sleep for a whole week.. I actually didn't sleep for 3 days. I was awake for 72 hours. Took a nap for 1-2 hours so I'd say I'm awake for 70 hours. But after presenting my design, I've never felt so refreshed after getting my sleep for 16 hours straight. hahaha! I slept at 2 pm and I woke up at 7 am the next day. Still not enough though. I need to finish another elevation for my other class so I need to work my ass off again.

Anyway, since I never posted my plates before since I suck at manual rendering, I wouldn't mind sharing my project now since I used 3DS Max for rendering. Yes, I crammed it. Yes, it is my first time to use photoshop. Yes, it is my first time to use 3ds max. I almost passed out from doing all of this so I'm going to share it. No shame. It's far from perfect but I think I did pretty well considering that it's a first for me.

We were asked to design a condo unit. Of course there's a design challenge but I wouldn't list it anymore. But we were asked to design a minimalist chic (Kelly Hoppen style) interior so I got all my inspiration from the design projects of Kelly Hoppen.

LOL. I wasn't able to finish rendering my ceiling plan and my media cabinet. The closet and the media cabinet should be floor to ceiling. Basically there should be drop ceiling for my lights but since I was running out of time, I wasn't able to finish it anymore. :( 

I know, the lighting sucks. I spent 2 hours figuring out how to fix the sun and my lights but I failed. I used like 20 target lights to substitute my sun. HAHAHAHA!

How I wish we were given enough time so I could've done it better.

At least somehow it turned out the way I wanted it to be. If only I could fix the textures, lights and my dining area it would be better. Anyway, we're moving on with 3DS Max and we'll use Reviit starting next week. Kinda sad that we only get one and a half month to learn it. I want to master 3DS Max so bad. I need a new laptop so I can practice it at home. Apple isn't a good choice for these kind of software since Windows is needed for the software to run. How I wish I could get new laptop for free. LOL. IN MY DREAMS. haha! 

Anyway, please stay tuned for my future posts. Thanks for reading. xx