Friday, September 12, 2014

Why Interior Design?

If you read my last post, you would know what this post is going to be. But anyway, if you haven't read it yet, I'll be talking about my new plans for college. As I was saying on my last post, the things that I originally planned since I was in high school, unfortunately, didn't go the way I wanted it to be, so I intentionally stopped for 1 term so I can decide what I really want to do with my life. This seems harder than it looks like. I'm not exagerating, but thinking about what I really want to do with my life is really stressful. I'm not one of those lucky people who already knew what they want to be when they grow up since they were still a lil kid. In my case, I seriously don't know where I'm heading. Choosing a college course is like choosing what you want to do for the rest of your life. It would determine what your career will be in the future. It pressures the hell out of me!

So now I'm planning to start all over again. I'm planning to leave my school and transfer. DLSU is my dream university since I was in fourth grade, and just by thinking of leaving the school makes my heart break. But I already decided that career is more important than the school. I'm now planning to take up Interior Design in De La Salle College of St. Benilde. But fyi, I'm not good in drawing. There are no improvements in my drawing since second grade. But I'm trying my best to learn the basics through youtube. The one point, second point and third point perspectives are some of the things that I want to learn before I study Interior Design (if I would pass *fingers crossed*) I actually thought of taking up Interior Design even before I entered college but I didn't know why I didn't pursue it.

Why Interior Design? Well, there are times when I keep myself awake at night because I'm thinking of different designs for a house. I remember the time when I don't wanna sleep because I'm not yet finished visualizing my dream house. There are also times when I walk up in a room or a store, I would visualize what design would make the place better. And I'm always fascinated by different Home Design magazines.Things like that. I have so many different designs on my mind but I can't interpret it through paper and pencil and that is what I'm planning to learn for my next 3 month break.



There is something inside of me that couldn't help but to feel happy and excited whenever I look at different home or architectural designs. These are some of the collage that I made even before I plan to pursue Interior Design.



I also created a blog to get some Interior Design inspiration. You can check it out at intspo.tumblr.com

No comments: