Thursday, June 23, 2016

REJECT.

~cue Tuloy Pa Rin by Ysabelle Cuevas~

According to Cambridge dictionary, reject is to refuse to accept, use, or believe something or someone; to not give someone the love and attention they want and are expecting from you. 

From my 19 years of existence I got rejected numerous times already. There were times that it did hurt a lot. I can certainly feel it within me but sometimes I can somehow feel the pain physically. There were times when my heart is beating so fast then all of a sudden I feel so numb and it feels like everything is in slow motion. I can feel each seconds that pass and I just want to stop. I don't even know what I want to stop but I want to pause or to freeze. But as I get mature on handling rejections, I just choose not to over think about it, lift it all up to God and move on with life.



There are many ways we can get rejected in life - from choosing a university, course, finding a job, love, applying visas, proposals, etc. the lists can go on and on. It is, of course, normal to get hurt when we get rejected. Sometimes rejection feels like a big slap on our face and telling us we are not good enough or we aren't worth the risk. But despite all these negative thoughts that's bugging our mind evert time we get rejected, I still believe that it is a blessings in disguise. Maybe what we want/ what we planned for ourselves isn't God's plan for us. It is easier to get angry or get disappointed once it happens to us but sometimes we shouldn't over think about it  because you might only end up blaming yourself or anyone. Life is a b*tch. I know sometimes it is tiring to be optimistic all the time because life will always keep on trying you. But just do it for yourself. Reacting negatively about it won't change anything. At least if you stay positive about it and thank God for closing the door that isn't for you, maybe He will let you open the door that you should have been entering. For God know the plans that He has for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11)

I'd like to end this post with this short note: God always has a reason for allowing things to happen. Even the things that we haven't even prayed for yet, He is already handling it for us. We may not understand the reason for evey thing, but we have to simply trust His will.

No comments: